“Keeping Score” - Metrics, Measurements & Data of Retail Property Performance
A conversation with Jack Backen, Moderator: John Dee, Brian Field and Jay Norris
Sensormatic Solutions and
About this session
As we have seen with consumers, the fundamentals of the retail real estate business are evolving. Successful landlords, retail tenants and analysts are measuring new parts of the business. We’ll discuss how technology is driving new measurements and how they are being leveraged to benefit the industry.
- What new things can be measured that would be beneficial?
- Are shopping center landlords and retail tenants measuring the right things?
- How can these new measurements deliver new business models that work for both landlord and tenant?
- Are Landlords and Retail tenants ready for a data coop?
- Can direct consumer relationships be treated as an asset? If so, how can they be deployed?
Categories covered by this session
Jack is an urban economist with over fifteen years’ experience examining the economics of cities, properties and place. He is currently the Regional Director for Cistri, an Urban Strategy consultancy based out of Singapore. Cistri is part of the Urbis Australia Group.
Moderator: John Dee
Moderator for Marketplace 2.0 and President of Placewise Americas
Brian oversees the Sensormatic Solutions, Global Retail Consulting Practice, providing retailers with insights that drive revenue while controlling the bottom line.
Jay Norris, CEO of GUESST Software - The Technology Platform that Powers New Retail, has over 15 years in developing experiential marketing concepts.